donderdag 18 mei 2017

It’s a Teesha Rainbow - ORANGE

I’m participating in a series of swaps for Teesha Moore inspired patches with a rainbow colour. Orange is the second swap and we made 2 patches for our partners.
For my first patch I used a batik scrap with a cat, because my swap partner Jenny likes cats. I just quilted the outline of the cat and decorated the patch with some herringbone stitches. I used a running stitch for the border.
Jenny also likes crochet, so I crocheted a lizard and appliqued it to this striped fabric. I quilted the patch with a few rows of cross stitches. For the border I used a lot of French knots. I used this pattern to crochet the lizard.
And these are the patches I received for the first 2 Rainbow swaps. The red patches are made by Carol from Australia. The oranges patches are made by our swaphost Naomi from the USA.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. very nice selection of orange creations

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. These are very intensely coloured blocks. They are charming, but I must admit, orange is not my colour.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Queenie. I don't use orange often, these were all orange quilt fabrics I had in my stash.

      Verwijderen