dinsdag 10 juni 2014

Beaded VanDyke stitch

TAST stitch 116 is beaded VanDyke stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

I stitched my samples on 14 count Aida. Of course I started with Sharon’s first sample. The thread is perle 8.
Here I stitched Sharon’s second sample in wool.
This is a combo of the previous rows, I alternated the beads in the centre and the arms. The thread is wool.
Here I stitched a small row in perle 8. I added one bead to the arms every 4th stitch.
In this row I added the beads to the arms on one side and alternated left and right, the thread is perle 12.
My last row is almost the same as the previous, I only added an extra stitch between the beaded stitches.
Take a closer look at my complete sampler here.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. I can see you wanted to test this new stitch right away. Awesome!
    I think the fewer beads the more of the Vandyke look remains. With more beads the stitch could be mistaken for Butttonhole. What do you think?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Queenie. Yes, I like the VanDyke with not so many beads so you can still see some of the thread. It looks better in a thick thread so you can see the chain in the centre.

      Verwijderen
  2. how quick you have been with these stitched, i only saw them on pintangle half an hour ago! Think I like it best as done in the first sample with the thicker threat and fewer beads

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Well, I saw these stitches early in the morning and I just had to give them a try between my chores!

      Verwijderen
  3. Wow! You really explored that stitch! Way to go!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Angela, it's such a great stitch to explore!

      Verwijderen