dinsdag 8 april 2014

Triangular buttonhole stitch

TAST stitch 101 is triangular buttonhole stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

This is the backside of my sampler. I like it!
I stitched my samples on 14 count Aida. All rows are stitched from left to right.
  1. The first row is done in perle 5. The stitches are way too big, but I didn’t want to frog it. Now it’s very easy to see how the stitch is created.
  2. The second row is done in perle 12. I mirrored it to make a double row. I wish I stitched this in green, it would be a pretty row of leaves.
  3. The third row is done in perle 8. I just stitched it in a different angle.
  4. The fourth row is done in perle 5.
  5. The last row is done in blue perle 8 and salmon cotton a broder. It wasn’t easy to get the spacing the way I wanted, so I made a drawing. I think this would be a good combo with my second row as a filling pattern.
Take a closer look at my sampler here.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. How interesting to see the back of your stitching! They make very pretty patterns and could indeed be used for leaves.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oooh! I have been itching to try this stitch out. I love the way you combined two rows in your last row of stitches. Lovely work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. this stitch works so well back to front thanks for sharing both sides

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen