zaterdag 6 oktober 2012

Beaded Hedebo edge

The TAST stitch for week 40 is beaded Hedebo edge. I added it to my black linen sampler. The eyes of the beads were too small for the cotton a broder, so I added them later with white sewing thread. I think this part is ready now. The stitches I used are square herringbone, bullion knots, cast on stitch, buttonhole wheels, pistil stitch, French knots and beaded Hedebo edge.
These are the last stitches on my brown sampler. I’m working on a cross stitched border and then I’m going to add some beads to the previous stitches. I’ll share a photo when it’s finished. The double row in off-white is done in perle 8, it was inspired by Nancilyn’s buttoned Hedebo. The other rows are done in perle 5. The eyes of the blue beads were too small for the perle 5, so I added them later with cotton a broder in the same colour.
A sneak peek of the book page I’m working on. This beaded Hedebo edge is done in Caron Watercolors.

12 opmerkingen:

  1. The linen sampler design is very pretty.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I especially like the design on the black sampler. Beautiful!

    ~Faith

    http://airynothing.net/Blogs/anblog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It is always such a delight to see your stitches. The first photo show us a beautiful composition of various stitches, stitches that really go well together. Like you I was awed by Nancilyn's use of buttons and the ones you are using in the second picture are so cute! By stitching on the beads afterwards, you can easily add four beads and place them perfectly. In the original instructions where you add the beads with the loop thread, the beads often don't sit very well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Again beautiful samples. I like the white on black embroidery. And all others, too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. once again inspiring samples, never thought to add beads later, i was trying to thread the bead straight onto the thread without a needle as the needle would not go through, the brain needs to engage better

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Weer van die mooie steken, Annet. Ik word nu toch ook wel nieuwsgierig naar de hele samplers, waar al deze mooie steekjes onderdeel van uitmaken.
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Het lijkt wel een medaillon. Het ziet er op het eerste gezicht ingewikkeld uit. Ik vind het een heel mooi ontwerp. Slim om de kralen later toe te voegen. Ik heb bij iedere kraal de draad uit de naald gehaald, kraal erop (met moeite), en de draad weer in de naald.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I like the all white effect. Nice stitching!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Annete,

    White on black sampler is so lovely. I love this combination of various stitches.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Your samplers are so wonderful! I admire your stitches!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen