dinsdag 14 februari 2012

Old detached chain stitches

The TAST stitch for week 7 is the detached chain stitch. It’s one of the stitches I use frequently and it wasn’t easy to decide which samples I wanted to share here. 
This sunflower is part of my crazy ornament Snail in the garden. I used 2 threads of stranded DMC mixed with a metallic thread for the petals. The French knots are stitched in perle 5.

This seam on Crazy Monday 13 is stitched with 2 threads of stranded DMC. First I made a Cretan stitch and decorated it with detached chain stitches. They have a French knot ending instead of a straight stitch. Then I laced the detached chain stitches with the same thread under the Cretan stitches.
Here I used the detached chain stitch for the wings of a butterfly. It’s part of the only CQ block I made for TAST 2010.
This is another example from the TAST 2010 challenge. I used the detached chain stitch to make the leaves on my woven trellis stitch sampler.
Here I used the detached chain stitch for the leaves on my Tree of Hope ATC.
My last sample is another ATC called Bouquet. It was part of a series of ATC swaps with different stitches. 
I already started some new samples and hope to share those in a few days.

7 opmerkingen: