dinsdag 8 juni 2010

Red zentangle & Tangled turtle

The ATC’s of my last zentangle ATC swap arrived in the USA, so I can show them now. I had a few zentangle ATC’s ready to sent. I picked a red one for Beth, because that’s her favorite color. I used a gel pen for it.Claudia was my swap partner for the third time and I had no matching zentangle ATC for her. I decided to make a tangled turtle for her, because she likes those. I drew this one with my Sakura pigma micron pens after I finished my collaborative zentangle.
I found a picture of a turtle quilt made by Dijanne Cevaal in one of my older quilt magazines. I used one of those drawings as a template for my turtle.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. i love the turtle :) its beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. i agree, the turtle is beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love your zentangle just great. Did you know that Dijanne has a great blog?
    http://origidij.blogspot.com/
    I have her book about 72 ways not to stipple. Looking at your turtle I remembered that she had given me a number of block prints after doing a weekend workshop with her. Your work has given me some ideas of what to do with it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thank you, Carolyn. I found her blog last week and added the link to the text. I was looking for it, because I used this pattern a second time here:
    http://fat-quarter.blogspot.com/2010/08/tangled-turtle.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen