zondag 21 maart 2010

Beaded Hedebo Edge again

This morning I finished my sampler for the beaded Hedebo Edge. I made lots of pictures again, so I know how I did the embroidery and I can show it here. You can click on the pictures to see the details bigger. For the first one I used green perle 5 and I made a double row of cross stitches. I attached the 3 mm yellow beads over both normal cross stitches and I made the Hedebo on both wide cross stitches at the same time. On the picture you can see the basic cross stitches on the right. It looks very nice this way, it gives a nice thick stitch.My next experiment was a zigzag Hedebo in perle 5 and 2,6 mm beads. I made a picture of the cross stitches and the finished row.
Because this stitch is an edging stitch I made a heart with red perle 5 and 2,6 mm beads. On the inside I made backstitches with 2 threads of stranded DMC in the same color. It was easy to draw the heart, because the base is a cross stitch. I think there are more cross stitch patterns that can be adapted for the beaded Hedebo edge.
For my last experiment in perle 5 with 2,6 mm beads I made 5 rows of cross stitches (normal, wide, normal) from the top downward. Then I started the Hedebo from the bottom to the top. I like this variation very much, it reminds me of the dresses in the roaring twenties and an armadillo!
My zentangles where the inspiration for my next variation without beads. I made squares with 3 rows of the Hedebo edge and changed the direction for each square. I used orange variegated Sulky cotton 30.
This last experiment is a combination of a double herringbone stitch an 2 rows of beaded Hedebo stitches in DMC broder special and 2 mm beads.
If you want to see my complete sampler, just take a look at my Flickr-page.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Awesome work!
    Nikki
    xx
    http://nikkis-attic.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. lovely work..... especially the heart

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love your interpretations of this stitch -- they're amazing! I'm going to be working on mine tonight. Thank you for the inspiration!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen