maandag 16 november 2009

Crazy ornament

I didn’t touch my crazy quilt this week; I was working on a crazy ornament for my friend B’s birthday. The embroidery is done in off-white stranded DMC and cotton broder. It’s stretched over a CD for the back and the front (with a piece of batting). Then I attached a hanging loop and sewed the 2 parts together. I attached a ribbon on the edge and decorated it with some seed beads. There is a bigger picture here, with some info about the stitches I used.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I've been watching your crazy quilt come together and I need to finally tell you, it's amazing! I don't quilt so I really envy you this talent. The quilt will be stunning when you're done. And this little ornament is too cool. I love the colors and the fabric patterns you chose. I don't remember exactly what that stitch is called, the wheel looking one, I think it's one of the Spider stitches--mine never came out that good! What a lovely gift you made for your friend.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Annet, this is fantastic thing!! and gorgeous whipped wheel! love it!
    masha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen